<<< Wishlist >>>

New Jewellery Discoveries

I've recently discovered two new jewellery brands that I need to share with you. I love both of these brands as they are ethical and sustainable brands - which I love and their pieces have become my everyday jewellery staples. I want to share them both with you as they are both doing some pretty amazing things. 

The first brand I need to share is Edge of Ember. Edge of Ember is a London based ethical jewellery brand who are pretty great as in November they created a line that raised awareness and money for Camfed - a charity aiming to tackle poverty, inequality and giving girls the support to have an education in sub-Saharan Africa - 62 girls got the chance to go to school for one year and have all the support they need to go with it: fees, uniform, stationary but also looking after their health and wellbeing. All of this seemed so amazing which made me buy some products from their collection. All their pieces are handcrafted ethically in Indonesia, Thailand and Cambodia, by artisan groups including women run businesses, the fair trade organisation and home based worker so no sweat shops or child labour are used, instead they are supporting the local talent - I love how all the pieces have elements of the local culture included. As all the pieces are produced by local artisans in developing countries, made ethically with love, it means that they are not massed produced and a fair price is paid to the makers. Recycled materials are chosen and no animal products are used. 

I brought 2 rings, both in the same style - one in gold and the other in silver as I loved them so much. The only problem with them is that I'm kind of in-between sizes. I bought 2 different sizes, they only fit on one finger but, that's okay. 

The second brand I want to tell you about is YCL Jewels. I found this brand from some vegan YouTubers who always wore their pieces - since then one of them has collaborated to make a collection. I love how all their pieces are sophisticated, minimalistic, as I'm a big lover of simple, dainty pieces of jewellery. YCL is an ethical, cruelty free, vegan Australian brand, 70% of pieces are made in Australia and the other 30% are ethically produced in India. I love how they believe in that animals shouldn't suffer, that is why in their pieces and packaging there are no animal bi-products. There is minimal packaging and paper with each other as they aim to keep a low carbon footprint. I love how their mission is "to create jewellery that is not just worn for aesthetic purpose, but rather to create jewellery that holds meaning to the beholder." 

I decided to choose their Infinite Chocker in gold, I went for this one as I love the simplicity and daintiness of it. It's in gold so I don't need to worry about it turning green if I get it wet, so I never take mine off. I love that you can wear it as a choker - which I do or wear it slightly longer, I also love the fact that on the end of the extender there is a tiny purple crystal as every piece is embraced with crystals. The only thing with this necklace is that it will take a couple of weeks to get to you - it takes 4-5 weeks for them to make it as every piece is handmade once ordered and then due to it being shipped it takes around 1-2 extra weeks. I was willing to wait though as I know that they are all individually handmade ethically. There are so many pieces I want, next on my list is the Constellation Disk necklace and I'm also a big fan of their rings. Another thing was inside the box there was a pink stone - I’m not too sure of the name, though.

0 comment:

Post a Comment